Get involved with The Western Environment Centre!
It has never been easier to join The Western Environment Centre! Just by joining, you are supporting sustainability and environmental education in your community.
Why is becoming a member important?
Our membership makes us stronger. A large network of members can be a strong and credible voice in the community on environmental issues. We also appreciate membership dues which help make projects happen. As a volunteer-driven organization we depend on support from many individuals and groups.
How do I become a member?
Annual membership fee as of May 2011: $10
- Download our membership form by clicking here (This link will open an Adobe PDF file. If you can’t view this file, please contact us and we can send one to you. You can download Adobe Reader for free at http://get.adobe.com/reader/).
- Return your membership form to us along with your membership fee. There are several options for returning the form and fee to us:
- To pay your membership fee online:
- Make a donation in the amount of your membership fee. Visit our donation page to do so.
- Indicate on your membership form that you paid online
- Email or mail your membership form to us.
- To pay your membership fee via cheque or money order:
- Mail in your membership fee or drop it off at our office.
- Don’t forget to include your membership form!
Benefits of membership:
- Free or discounted admission to WEC events and workshops
- Access to the our library of videos, books and magazines
- Use of select WEC gardening tools (e.g. rototiller and bottling/canning system)
- Copies of our quarterly newsletter
- Regular updates on Western Environment Centre activities and events
- Voting rights at our annual general meeting (one vote per member)
- Input on the direction and short/long-term planning of the Western Environment Centre
- You get to add your voice and support to environmental issues – the more members we have, the stronger our voice!
Once you become a member, there are many other ways you can get involved with the organization. You can volunteer, attend an event, join a committee, join the Board of Directors, or help with one of our many projects. We look forward to working with you and having fun!