Your time and your skills are valuable – thank you for wanting to share them with us. We have many exciting and meaningful opportunities available and would love to help you find a great place in our community.
Why volunteer with WEC?
- Share your passion and make a difference
- Gain knowledge and expand your resume
- Use your existing skills for a good cause or develop new skills
- Meet and make friends with people who share similar interests and values
- Have fun!
Easy Steps to getting started:
- Contact us to let us know you would like to volunteer. (Feel free to include a resume if you would like. Don’t worry, it isn’t mandatory to do so!)
- Browse through our website or read our newsletters to get a feel for the organization and what you might like to do.
- Sign up to our e-mail list
- Talk with a member of our staff to ensure a good fit and to get oriented
- Make an action plan and be realistic about what you can accomplish
- Start volunteering and remember – never hesitate to ask for help!
Do you have a skill you would like to share with us? Gardening, photography, video, graphic design, event planning, fundraising, proposal/grant writing? Are you a filmmaker, musician, writer, business owner, lawyer or accountant who would like to help out pro bono? Let us know!
Join a committee
A lot of our work is done through our committees (e.g. Community Garden Committee, Newsletter Committee) and our Board of Directors. For information on when they meet, what they work on, and how to get involved, please contact us.
Join our Board of Directors
The Western Environment Centre is governed by a volunteer board of directors. For more information on our board and how to apply to become a board member, please visit our board and staff page or contact us.
Become an advisor
The Western Environment Centre is often asked to comment on current environmental issues. In order to ensure we have a balanced and educated view, we sometimes consult with outside professionals and researchers (forestry, conservation, wildlife, climate change, waste management, etc). If you would like to offer your voice and opinion, we would love to hear from you!
Too busy to volunteer? Join our e-mail list.
Keep on top of news by joining our news and events e-mailing list. You can subscribe here. We promise we won’t spam you or share your contact information.
Questions? Comments? Feel like dropping by? Our address and contact information are on our contact page.